The questions that one of the Thursday classes has raised (they’re an interesting set of questions by the way) are:
- What kind of genre is an interactive documentary? Is it still a documentary, or would you say that it is a new genre because of the hypertextual interface?
- If, “Interactive narratives have no singular, definitive beginnings and endings,” then what would be the constraints for an author of interactive media to control the interpretation of a narrative?
- What benefits and drawbacks does the ability for the user to determine narrative progression create?
- Can video games be considered hypertext narratives? How/why?
- How do you actually write a hypertext narrative?
- Why is hypertext considered influential in the future development of media making and storytelling?