I think I succeeded in reaching the goals I set for myself at the start of the semester. All in all I wanted to make a documentary that was entertaining and that I was proud of, and I think our group was successful in that. I am proud of our documentary making process, starting from the beginning and knowing absolutely nothing and no one who participates in LARP. Taking a very active role in the organisational and liaising side of the process I am happy with what we were able to do and the content that we ended up with.
I said that I wanted to test myself in a leadership role and even though there was never an official announcement, I did take that that role as it my idea originally and thats just how the group arranged ourselves. I think this was a good challenge and I think I did a good job organisational and creatively.
Even though I still am not completely familiar with the equipment, I definitely have a better hold on how to use both the camera and mixer. Most of the time this was left up to another member of the group but there were many times that I set up and used the equipment myself and think I am competent enough at it.
Nearly every shot of our final film had some sort of colour correction done to it. We had a lot of shots that were grainy due to a variety of things as well as colour correcting to a more cinematic aesthetic.
Mid-tones more blue, emphasises the shadow and makes the shot darker. Reduced output levels to darken and made highlights pinker to change colour on the face.
Fixed mid-tones to more orange, makes the image slightly brighter and more cinematic. Lowered the output and made the shadows more blue to make it a bit darker.
Bought down the output levels and made the highlights greener, this made the image darker. Shadows are a darker blue, contrasting the light blue mid-tones. Visually it looks more appealing and ominous.
Raised the input levels to create more depth in the shadows. Midtones and highlights were made more green to make it look more vibrant, also highlights the red in the shot.
This image appears cooler than the original by making the master a deep red for warmth in the mid-ground and green in the midtones to emphasise the grass in the foreground. More yellow/pink in the highlights makes the image look brighter.
Bought the brightness to -5.7 and contrast to -0.2. We made the shadows warmer, midtones greener and highlights pinker, resulting in a warmer and somewhat sharper looking shot.