How do I write and post a blog entry from my phone?
This is relatively easy to do once you know what your doing.
Before I start, I’ll just mention that I don’t have an Android phone, so I don’t know how it will work on there but I imagine it’s similar. So this is for IOS.
1. Firstly, you need to download the WordPress app. Its a free app, which you can find by searching WordPress on the app store. It will look something like this.
2. One you get the app, open it. Duh.
3. On opening, you’ll get a screen where you type in your username, password and site URL. That will be www.mediafactory.org.au/yourfirstname-yourlastname
4. You may get some screen that comes up after you’ve logged in saying that you have your XML-PRC is disabled, which means it will take you to your blog, but not in the app. So it will take you to the website form, which is less streamlined. To fix this, you need to go into your settings on your blog dashboard, and then select Writing settings. From there, scroll down until you see Remote Publishing. All you need to do is tick the box that has XML-PRC next to it.
5. Now you should be able to access your blog dashboard in app from through WordPress. Now, to make a post, press the + sign in the top right hand corner of the app. This will open up the writing tools to create your blog post.
6. Once you’ve finished your post, press the [Publish] button in the top right hand corner and boom, posted.
I hope this has helped anyone struggling. I will link the Network media blog to make sure it gets seen.