Getting ready to film for this project for Signal was a long process.
Firstly trying to find 4 people that were available at the same time on the same day wasn’t easy, but was achievable.
I had decided to film in my garage as it was the only place that I could set up a task such as this.
I bought my paint (water based nontoxic acrylic) and set out tarps underneath the stool that I had set out for my models and placed a large white canvas behind them.
I really struggled with creating the right light (as garage lighting isn’t the nicest) so I decided to film at around 5pm to get the right light I needed. I opened up the garage to let as much light in as possible and turned on all the lights.
Once the camera was set up we were ready to start having some fun.
I had to work fast and have everything really organised because the paint dries fast and I wanted to have a silky like look to it, rather than a dry cracking look . I had a towel on hand for the models so we could do quick switchovers and everything seemed to work really smoothly.
The only real troubles I faced was the setting sun. Luckily I made it all in time before the lighting changed too drastically.