A whole lot of time and effort went into this project. When embarking on this I decided to push myself out of my comfort zone and what I know. I spent hours and hours editing this film, trying new ways of approaching editing styles (e.g. repetition, stop motion, time lapse and slow motion.). Not all of them worked but I did give them a go.
I experimented with new ways of representing my subject. Originally I planned to give more of a backstory and explore my subjects history. I decided against this when I noticed it was leaning more toward a documentary style than a portrait. It was then that I decided I was going to flip it all around and try something new. I decided to create this film in a more conceptual way. I decided I was not going to use any of the footage I had taken with my subjects face and focus completely on the artwork itself and the process of making it.
After playing around with new editing techniques and new ways of representing my subject I finally found a way that worked. It took another few hours before I had FINALLY finished and was happy with my final product.
I just hope I have done my subject justice and represented her for the incredible person she is.