Film/TV: Review of Rolling
So we watched a short film, Rolling, in our first week tutes. These are my thoughts.
- Well acted by the male lead.
- A simple concept, but given the time constraints of the short, it didn’t need any more to it.
- I don’t think it was intentional, but when the guy was walking down the frozen isle of the supermarket, the colours were changing, which was a good way to express the guy’s shifting emotions to confronting the girl.
- The cold open was neat.
- I didn’t find the acting of the female lead very believable.
- The supermarket was poorly lit, which couldn’t really be avoided if they couldn’t bring their own lighting in.
- The shot selection of the supermarket could have been done to make it look larger, because it was obvious this was a tiny supermarket and I doubt they would stock so much toilet paper.
- Sound quality in the supermarket scenes. The noise was changing from each shot, taking me out of the experience.
Overall I think it was a good attempt for a film that had to be shot in one day.