Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication) – RMIT University (2012 – present)
Ruyton Girls’ School (2006 – 2011)
Certificate II Retail Operations – Achieved in September 2010
Certificate III Hospitality – Achieved June 2013
Internship and Work Experience:
Melbourne Rebels – Media and Communications Assistant (January 2014 – present)
My responsibilities in this role have included:
-Manage day to day media operations tasks including media monitoring and reporting, and database building.
– Contribute content to the Melbourne Rebels digital spaces, both through writing web stories and creating social media content.
– Assist with match day social media, including live tweets and Instagram.
– Writing of the official match report post games which is distributed to the media and online.
– Assisted with the development of media, communications and social media strategies
Victorian Rugby Union – Media & Communications Intern (March 2013 – September 2013)
– Managed the Victorian Rugby Union’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Responsible for creating and uploading content as well as responding to and engaging with the VRU’s audience.
– Wrote articles for the VRU website, including a weekly piece wrapping up each round of the local rugby competition.
– Wrote media releases on behalf of the VRU which were sent out to various outlets and stakeholders.
– Liaised with club representatives in order to find and create online content and assist with publicising local club events and news.
– Assisted with event operations and social media reporting at the Melbourne Rebels Gala Ball, Qantas Wallabies Fan Day and the Weary Dunlop Luncheon.
Crocmedia – Production Assistant (July 2012 – December 2013)
– Worked with production team to produce and execute commercial sports radio programs for a range of outlets including 1116 SEN and the Ace Radio Network.
– Organised and fostered relationships with guests and correspondents both locally and internationally.
– Responsible for keeping presenters up to date with latest sports news and scores when live to air through monitoring news and social media.
– Execution of live social media strategies to increase listener engagement.
– Eventuated with some paid work as assistant producer for the All Night Appetite and Sports Overdrive on SEN.
Jump Media and Marketing – Public Relations Intern
– Assisted with day to day office operations.
– Responsible for writing media releases and web stories for various accounts.
– Contributed to PR and sponsorship strategies across Jump Media’s accounts.
– Gathering data and media clippings for post event reporting and analysis.
– Assisted with development and execution of social media strategies.
– Assisted with live media operations and reporting for events. (2012 Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy, 2013 Herald Sun Tour)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic competencies in editing software such as Photoshop, Final Cut and Audacity.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong understanding of Social Media and the digital space.
- Competent in Word Press, HTML and most website backend operations.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.