Here’s some notes I wrote down during todays Symposium.
(warning: they may be jumbled and not make much sense to you, but they do to me haha)
Hypertext and storytelling
- Film can’t use hypertext
- In film, story might be broken to non linear, but we have to watch it from start to finish – no choice to how we structure films
- Corsacow – you choose what you want to view next.
‘Hypertext is dated but present here’ (Adrian)
- small parts and how they are connected.
- multiple relationships
- when editing film it’s exactly the same – multiple points of connection.
- Not just about the reader – the computer can also be programmed to work with the reader.
Validation of our work posted online:
- Write in a personal journal – help us remember things, think through things, express our ideas and think out loud.
- writing for an audience, posting online – other people reading it doesn’t make it any more valid
With this, I think I slightly disagree….. I feel that if my work is read/seen by other people, it holds more validation as a blog post ….. HOWEVER ….. I do very much agree that just because no one may read/see a blog post, that is not a reason to not write and post.
Linking from my stuff to someone elses – economic transaction – building the structure of the web! We do this, all of us, everyday.
……. and then I kinda stopped writing notes and just listened …….