Since developing our major K-film group in week eight, we met weekly to discuss the project. Minutes were documented in order to set weekly goals, to document our discussions as well as record our progress.
Minutes – weeks 9 – 12
Date: 15 May 2014
Daina, Simon, Kim, Edward
- Simon spoke of the structure of the K-film prototype and what he invasions to do for our major film.
- Simon also redefined the concept for the major project and told that the use of consumer products within the film also underlines.
- Daina noted that she filmed her category in portrait and we discussed that it would be best to do it all in landscape.
We chose 2 of the objects (categories) each to film:
- Diana – textures/ pens, clothes
- Kim – lamps and chairs
- Edward – flowers and mugs
- Shot technique is to remain the same for each category e.g. tracking shot, panning etc…
- Images to be close ups so that we can see the colour better.
- To have all of the films done by Wednesday.
- To think of title
- Potential readings as suggested by Hana; Bogust, list, telling is counting, Patena Franklin. Associative form.
- Due 6 June.
- To upload material to media server, don’t need to use vimeo. Folder name? Simon to post details.
Date: 22 May 2014
Kim and Daina
- Diana, Kim and Edward to conduct research and upload to Google drive doc (as Kim has created). Note that Kim has already done some research on the Bordwell and Thompson reading (abstract and associative form) and the Bettina Frankham reading.
- Group to conduct other research on some of the other readings we have gone through over the course.
- Simon has started compiling project in Korsakof.
- Kim and Edward missing two videos (due to trouble obtaining colours) and will upload to the drive by Monday.
Date: 29 May 2014
Week: 12 (final week)
Kim and Daina
- Research from Diana, Kim and Edward can be found on Google dive under ‘research document’
- Kim will compile minutes and additional documents to gain the extra 5% for assessment
- Simon to compile essay from research notes and place on drive for group’s viewing once completed
- Group to meet prior to Thursday to finish up loose end of project