This week, we created a proper plan to split up the work between group members. Rob will be working on the adaptations page of the blog, conducting an interview with a dancer who creates adaptations for a living. Lucas will create the introduction for the Romeo & Juliet page and I will do the same for the static home page, “Texts”. Lucas and I will also analyse a number of Romeo & Juliet adaptations – including West Side Story – in different mediums.
We came up with three questions to help keep our analyses focused and on the same track.
- What is the core focus of this adaptation?
- Themes, characters, story, setting
- Do these elements stay constant or are changes made?
- How does each adaptation reflect the time in which it was made?
- How does the form influence the message and relatability of the text?